DIS Direct, a Digital Imaging Solutions company seeks a Press Operator to join our team. We are looking for someone with experience in the production of highly personalized direct mail print and mailing.
Located in the suburban Chicago, DIS Direct is a leading provider of highly personalized print and direct mail marketing solutions. For over 20 years, DIS Direct has provided innovative print, finishing and mailing solutions to fortune 1000 companies.
Press Operator Job Responsibilities:
Ensures that each job is produced efficiently and to customers specifications. The successful candidate will be self-driven and must possess a keen attention to detail and a strong knowledge of highly personalized direct mail print production. Inline finishing experience is a plus.
- Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain a multi-color offset press to print single-color, two-color, and/or multi-color work which includes large solids, screen tints, line and halftones with critical color values and registration requirements ranging from hairline to critical.
- Review job specifications to determine the press setup according to the imposition of the run.
- Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates or installing cylinders, prepping blankets, adjusting tension and register etc.
- Makes necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required.
- Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer. Maintain accurate records, coordinate with supervisors and CSRs regarding production issues and provide leadership to press team.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Experience And Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as 1st or 2nd web press operator
- Detail orientated with the ability to follow complex instructions
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor, organized, and reliable
- Candidates will be required to stand for long periods of time, climb, walk, bend, squat, kneel and perform heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
Additional Company Information
- This position offers a competitive starting salary and benefits program.
- DIS Direct is a drug free workplace