DIS Direct provides direct marketing services. In business for over 20 years and further expanding our service offering, we are building out a sales team to capitalize on the growth.
The Sales Representative is responsible to proactively identifying and establishing new customer relationships, maintaining them, and potentially re-establishing older relationships with former customer base. The primary purpose of this position is to provide rapid growth via new account acquisition across defined verticals.
This position requires an individual with strong initiative and a self-confident, extroverted style that can engage and actively establish relationships via email, telephone, and in-person meetings. This position has a maximum of 25% travel with the majority of its business conducted out of our corporate office in Itasca, IL.
Key Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
- Utilizes a solution selling approach at all levels of prospect and/or customer.
- Conducts cold-calling and proactive territory management on a daily basis.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships by exercising discretion concerning all aspects of the sales and delivery process
- Responsible for the full life cycle of the customer relationship to ensure customer satisfaction and works with other departments to ensure each step is implemented.
- Emphasizes the benefits of the proposed solution, quotes prices and credit terms.
- Works in a collaborative manner departmentally and interdepartmentally.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Creates and approves tiered pricing in competitive bids.
- Prepares bids for customers on a daily basis and monitors/records the outcome of awarded bids.
- Makes outbound lead follow up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and email and qualifies leads to provide solutions to customers.
- Enters data for customers into computer database (Zoho)
- Travels to trade shows nationwide to strengthen customer relationships and aggressively seek out new business opportunities.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Sales/Marketing and/or a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant sales experience
Skills and Experience:
- 1-4 years of experience successfully maintaining and/or growing a client base
- Ability to prospect and manage/maintain a strong pipeline of growth opportunities.
- Ability to master and demonstrate knowledge of millennial marketing and digital/print marketing (prior knowledge/experience a bonus).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; requires color and close vision. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.